Monday 16 May 2011

The First Ever Post

Today Mr Postie delivered a great letter - an Allotment Offer letter - woohoo!!

This is going to be a long post - I'm telling a story.

This site did have vacancies when I put my name on the list and today the offer arrived!  Couldn't wait for lunch time to arrive,  off to the council offices for the key,  plot map in hand and off I went. 

Wandered around the plots for a bit and then met John - one of the site reps and what a godsend!    We looked at  plot 51a - a funny triangle shape, but no brambles, the water pump nearby is not very good apparently.  Then onto plot 29,  brambles about 4 foot high and a couple of oak and sycamore trees growing too  - not very appealing.  we talked about my 'want' list - must have easy access - Mr Milly has a wheelchair and I really want him to be able to help me (I don't think he feels the same!!),  nearby parking and good water nearby.  Not a very difficult list really!

So off to plot 102,  I liked this one......BUT....  none of the plots to the left or right for several plots were being worked and the plot backing this one has just erected a HUGE chicken house - it did feel very isolated and a bit out of the way - aren't you supposed to chat on the plot?   

Another try then - Plot 95,  now this one was not even on the list of plots offered, but John assured me it was available.   Long wide and flat path leading to the plot with parking  just 2 plots away........ the corner plot is not being worked,  the next one no.94 is being worked with a child's wheelbarrow on the plot - a family affair!  The plot opposite is immaculate with beautiful raised beds and hooped net frames,  extremely neat and tidy, the chappie said hello and said the best water pump on the whole site was here -,  the ones either side of his are being worked, one is quite new.......... nearly there.......  but lets look at plot 96 first,  a lovely little blue shed at the back of the plot and immaculate beds, runner bean poles,  earthed up potatoes, neat and tidy compost bins - divine.  Now I am really excited - this is the one I'm thinking....... there it is, and the water pump is right on the plot - not next to it, not near it but right on the plot.   Parking very close,  wide flat easily accessible paths,  water right on the plot,  nicely worked plots all around, and I think it is the right size.

I said yes please this is the one....  off to the council offices to get it before anyone else,  all signed sealed and delivered during my lunch break.

Hello my little Lottie you are perfect.....................................


Well I don't think 6 foot brambles are a problem - oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x