Monday 30 May 2011

Worn Out

That's me and My Girl,  completely and utterly worn out!  We spent about 4 hours at the Lottie today,  we cleared a little more and cut down the last of the brambles.   There is a lot piled on the Lottie, we were just completely fed up with clearing and moving brambles, My Girl had completely lost enthusiasm for brambles, so I decided enough was enough and it was time to do something else.

We moved the shed and decided where we wanted its permanent home to be,  marked out the base and got digging!   We dug all the bramble roots out from the shed base and all around it,  turned the earth over and its now ready for the paving slabs to go down and then the shed.

A good plan I think as as we now all feel that something has moved forward.  Although there is a lot of work still to be done!  Digging the roots out wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was going to be,  we cleared that area in about an hour between the 2 of us. 

I think I have been forgiven by Mr Milly and Mr Girl now for choosing this particular very overgrown plot.   All the 'neighbours' were around at some point today,  everyone stops for a chat,  lots of  loan of tools was offered and offers of help with putting up the shed too...  a really very social little corner and we love it!


Base for the shed - are you impressed??  LOL

Some of the roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x