Saturday 21 May 2011

Birthday

A quick post today as it it now very late.   My Boy's birthday today - he is 23 now,  time does fly past.   I am very proud of him and he seems to be very happy.   He left home 2 years ago, and we all get along much better now but I think he has also grown up a lot too.

He invited us to a BBQ for his birthday, as he was having some of his mates over.   Lovely  to be invited we thought, Mr Milly and me.   Last weekend he said he had been thinking about it and he was worried that it might be a bit difficult at his house for the BBQ, so could he have it at our house.      Oh blimey!!  Well of course we said Yes no problem - "how many will there be?" and then he started to count..... Aaron, Alex, Lucy, Paul, their partner and ..... by the time he reached 25 we were starting to panic!

Anyway after Mr Milly has spent the week cleaning the house, organising food, shopping trips to Costco,  I baked cakes last night and  the day arrived.....   I think it has been great and he has really enjoyed himself,  really good food,  really good friends and far too much drink - but lovely!    The average age was about 22 -I did feel ancient,  but all his friends are lovely and my family was here too.

Happy Birthday My Boy,- I love you x

Some of the cakes

Star decided to join the party too!  

2 comments:

  1. What happened to the crisps and savories then? Don't tell me "fashion" has gone back to party cakes displayed on old-fashioned 3 tier cake plates??? I'm old enough to have seen it all.....As for YOU feeling "ancient", don't know which word you'd use for me!!!! How lovely though that he even w a n t e d to share with his Mum and Dad. Lovely boy. Jeanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Jean, I'm glad you have enjoyed reading. And I do love my 3 tier cake plates - they make me smile everytime I use them!! Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x