Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Conversation

Hello, May I speak to Sabena please
Sabena Speaking
This is Mrs Milly for the local allotments,   I know this is probably silly, but I have received a letter from you inviting me to a prize giving evening for the allotments
Oh yes - are you from Plot 95?
Yes I am!  I'm phoning as I am sure there has been a mistake - you see mine is a new allotment plot, I've only had it since May
Do you have a little green shed and lots of painted signs on your plot?
Yes that's my plot. 
 Oh well it's right then!  The judges saw your plot when it was very overgrown when they started the judging - When they were walking round for the next judging they couldn't believe the difference and were really impressed!  And yes it is right - the award is for you!!
Oh that is brilliant - thank you very much!  I wanted to phone as I was sure there was a mistake
No there is no mistake - you won - you do sound very surprised!!

Gobsmacked would probably the better description!!   How brilliant is that - it's is confirmed - I'm the winner for our site!! 


May 2011

August 2011


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and lovely comment.
    Wow you really have worked hard like you said! A lovely inspiration for us allotment newbies, I hope we can organise ours as well as you have.
    Keep up the good work, and thanks again. x

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x