Sunday 28 August 2011

Rainy Sunday

I know rain is good for the Lottie - but I am sure this much rain is too much!  It has rained almost solidly for 3 days - how very annoying over a bank holiday weekend.  

My Girl managed to call home yesterday and again today,  which is a relief and good to hear from her.  She is enjoying the farm animals dotted around and the views from the site are stunning.  The mobile reception is very poor where she is, so contact with her is going to be a bit hit and miss for a while.   Maybe the old fashioned way of snail mail might be rekindled - a bit of a novelty nowadays but I think it could be fun!  Her first letter from home will have some stamps in it - you never know she might get the hint and send a letter back!
I have told My Girl she can't bring one home!

Beautiful Welsh Countryside
As we knew we were going to be away for most of the weekend, we hadn't made any plans for the Lottie this weekend,  we popped there this morning and came home with;-


A harvest perfect for two!
A Cabbage - probably a bit early to be picked but it was a perfect size for 2 of us
Green Beans
Runner Beans
Apples

We bought a couple of  Pork chops  and some potatoes and the rest of this evening's meal came from the Lottie!  

The chicks don't seem to be put off by the rain and lots of lovely eggs are still being laid.  Some were put to good use today for an apple cake.  The recipe can be found  here Apple Cake and on my recipe page here Favourite Recipes
Yummy Apple Cake!
I am really hoping for a dry day tomorrow as the chicken run needs   re-arranging with new bark to be laid - I can hear my Welly boots calling!!  With a bit of luck I will be able to squeeze in a little time at the Lottie - its time to tackle the weeds again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x