Friday 12 August 2011

Creative

As with most things, I go through phases of things I like to be doing.   At the moment the Lottie is just ticking along - I still have the front quarter of the plot to be clearing - this is going to be quite a bit job and doesn't need doing right at the moment as this section will be for the soft fruit bushes and things which shouldn't be planted until October - so this can wait a little while.

I have such a job to sit still!  I've always been that way.  TV doesn't really interest me and there is only a handful of programmes that I actually like to watch.  So this week the sewing machine has been out and been stretched to the limit!  Its 24 years old and the first Christmas present my brand new Hubby gave me, it has been well used and although it is now very noisy it is still going strong.

This week started with a dress for My Girl.  Mr Milly had a bit of a moan as I started making it at 2.00pm for a party we were going to leave for at 6.00pm.   No problem - a very simple dress to make and she did look lovely wearing it!


Next it was an apron for my Lovely Auntie - it was requested sometime ago, but I just hadn't got round to making it.  It was her party we were going to Lovely Auntie has been married to Lovely Uncle for 40 years - that really is something to have a celebration for - Happy Ruby Anniversary to you both - the party was great and we really enjoyed ourselves!

This was a free pattern from Sew4home  http://sew4home.com/projects/kitchen-linens/578-retro-fun-vintage-style-apron

Strawberry Apron
My Girl decided she wanted to make something to,  so in quick succession 2 tops were made.  And what a brilliant job she has done too.   The shirring is a lot of sewing, round and round and round and round - it seems never ending.  But the finished results are really something to be proud of!  Well done My Girl.

Modelled by Mr Girl
Finally an apron for the Portugese Housekeeper,  another that has been promised for sometime.   I really hope she likes it - I think its cute and a lot of fun!


Cupcake Apron
I really like this apron - it is easy to make, but effective when completed.   I did buy the pattern from Etsy,  Its called Retro Chic Apron -http://www.etsy.com/listing/60773497/apron-pattern-pdf-womans-full-apron

The pics are not the greatest quality - I think my new camera has a problem and will be returned today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x