Thursday 25 August 2011

Preparations



Nearly finished packing
 The last 2 days I have been in the east of the country arriving home last night in the middle of what looked like a bomb had been dropped in the house - My Girl was finishing her packing!  She is supposed to have packed lightly - those 2 massive bags don't look light to me!

Tomorrow we are taking her to the north east of the country where she will be starting her new adventure.   She may stay in the north east for the next year or she may move to the south,  we won't know for a week where she is going to end up.   So a 200 mile drive tomorrow - me and Mr Milly will be staying in a hotel for the night before visiting family on Saturday and then travelling home.   My Boy will be house and animal sitting for us.

How do I feel about My Girl leaving home? - I am trying very very hard not to think about it and my usual method to not think is to keep busy.

I finished work and popped to the Lottie,  picked some apples, loads of french beans and a couple of courgettes,  came home and collected My Girl and Mr Milly and went food shopping,  changed some PJs bought this week for My Girl,  had tea,  stewed some apples and blanched the green beans which are now all sitting in the freezer.  Now we are planning our route for tomorrow to the place of work, the hotel and then onto family.  One more hat to be finished tonight and My Girl now tells me that a trip to the Portuguese Housekeeper is needed tonight as she must pick something up - that will be me to drive then!!  I think that will be it  for today as an early start is needed in the morning.

So I'm trying to be brave and send My Girl on her way to her new adventure........ but knowing we probably won't see her until the end of November is a little tough.  And that is enough said today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x