Thursday 4 August 2011

Green Fingers

Look what we picked today;-


Our very first Allotment harvest!!  Woohoo!!!  A little round courgette!  My Girl had the honour of making the very first harvest - we were quite excited!  I think they are supposed to be picked when they are about tennis ball size - this one is a little bigger,  there is also a yellow courgette nearly ready and lots more little round and yellow courgettes starting to grow!  How exciting is that - we might have green fingers after all!

The garden veggies are doing OK too,  we have had a little harvest of the cherry tomatoes, lots of lovely bright red ones and some Sungold ones too they are really sweet - delicious!

I had pegged some strawberry runners a little while ago and today was the day for them to leave their mother plants and new little strawberry plants are ready for the Lottie - just have to get their bed ready for them,   that will be a couple of weeks away yet as we have a couple of busy weekends coming up.

And the latest injury for our house -  it's Mr Milly this time!   He had a good time at the go carting yesterday with My Boy and his friends,  but Mr Milly is in a lot of pain today it looks like he has cracked a rib!  He has been sitting very uncomfortably all day, unable to do anything at all and a sneezing fit this evening was very very painful (I must admit me and My Girl did have a little giggle - he did look funny and we couldn't decide whether he was trying hard not to sneeze again or not to cry!!  LOL)  Lots of TLC for a day or two required!

Our little harvest did make him smile though - or maybe it was the happy dance me and My Girl were doing as we presented it to him!!  LOL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x