Wednesday 17 August 2011

Paper Potter

I am now beginning to plan my planting for next year - I know its early but now is the time to be buying seeds as most places are reducing the price of this year's stock and lots of bargains can be found.  There is a garden centre local to us where re-cycled pots can be picked up for free,  so I have gathered several of these.  To fit in with our freecycling, recycling, Eco efforts I have purchased a Paper Potter which arrived today.,

With the aid of the lovely My Girl - a short demonstration of my new toy;-

You will need;-   A tape measure,  a sheet of newspaper,  a paper potter


Cut a strip approx 8cm by 57cm

Roll the newspaper  strip loosely round the potter
Roughly fold up the bottom of the paper
Push onto the base of the potter and twist
Ta-dah ---  a little paper pot is made
When seedlings are ready - plant straight into the ground. 
No root disturbance and the paper will bio-degrade -  Eco Friendly too!
Guess what we are doing this evening?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x