Saturday 9 July 2011

Digging

Digging, digging, digging and more digging!  In fact I am fed up with digging!  My hands are sore now so didn't quite get as much done as I would have liked!  Never satisfied\ :)

I started on my own at the plot this morning,  I roped off the next bit to be dug over - I was a little shocked this week at how very quickly the grass at the front of the Lottie and the brambles, which have been cut down but not dug up,  had grown this week - very disheartening, but it has spurred me on now to start tackling the front of the Lottie.

A couple of hours after being there, I had a call from My Girl,  she wanted me to pick her up so she could come to the Lottie with me,  BUT she was feeling a bit shaky as she had been knocked off her bike!   I honestly despair with her - she is the most accident prone person,  almost matching Mr Milly!  She is OK,  a few bumps and scratches but fortunately nothing major!

Anyway she still wanted to come and spend time with me, so off we went.  We had a really good system,  I was taking the grass off and filling the wheelbarrow,  My Girl was digging, she would empty the wheelbarrow and I would loosen the earth with my Azada ready for her to dig, whilst I took more grass off.   It worked great and we even had time for a sit and couple of cups of tea along the way!


Newly dug , but not finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x