Sunday 3 July 2011

Cakes and Visitors

Its been a busy weekend again this weekend.  Friday evening my Auntie and Uncle came for a visit and dinner - we duly visited the Lottie for an inspection by my Uncle who is avery keen gardener and grows lots of his own veggies,  he brought me some rhubarb for my plot - to be planted as soon as I have a bed ready for it!  I think I passed the inspection - they both liked my little plot.   I decided my creative juices were flowing and with a glut of eggs I made a lemon meringue pie for dessert - its a very long time since I have made one of these but it was good!


On Saturday we had another visitor this one was to stay until Sunday night;-

This is Buddy
Isn't he just the cutiest little thing!!  He belongs to Mel who very kindly walks Star for us,  so we had no worries about the 2 dogs together, Buddy is just 18 months old and has know Star since he was 12 weeks old.  I have decided that I love him and want to keep him - he truely is the most adorable little thing and is very cuddly, just like a little teddy bear!  We have wooden floors in the house and we think Buddy must have carpet at home, so he found a little spot he liked and when he wasn't being my shadow or sitting on my lap you could find him curled up on the carpeted stairs!!



Mr Milly and Mr Girl both had plans over the weekend, so I spent a couple of ours on Saturday on my own at the Lottie - it is hard going when you are on your own and there is still so much to do!  I worked on the 7th bed and it was the worse one so far!  The ground was just a tangle of weeks and has taken hours just to dig out that one little bed - its a good job they haven't all been like that!

Creative juices still flowing, I made some mayonnaise and Wholegrain Mustard with beer,  all nicely sealed and labelled.  The Mayo and one of the Mustard was to be a birthday gift.


Mayo
 
Mustard

Today was My Bro's Birthday and I was delighted when I knew he was coming over to see me on his special day.  I had decided to make him birthday cake - Chocolate this time, I know he likes carrot cake, but his daughters are not too keen, but really like chocolate cake.   I bought all the ingrediants on Friday ready to get baking and then had a call from My Sister-in-Law to say My Bro would love one of my carrot cakes for his bithday - DOH!!!!   So the result;-

Two birthday cakes!

Chocolate cake, cards and jar!
Carrot cake

Chocolate cake with white chocolate curls and Carrot cake with cream cheese Frosting  - and both were yummy!  Twice we sung Happy Birthday as each cake came out!   I think he was pleased though - a little surprised too!!  Happy Birthday my lovely one and only Bro - love ya!!

After that - another couple of hours at the lottie - and finally the 7th bed was finished and planted with leeks which were a transplant from one of my neighbours plots.  A few sunflowers planted at the back of the bed, me and Mr Girl have now started a sunflower race!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bis Sis For the cakes and the gifts. Love Ya Loads. X X X

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x