Sunday 17 July 2011

Wash out

Complete wash out this weekend,  the weather has been horrible - I really don't think we are going to have a summer this year.   The weeds certainly like the rain and are growing and growing, and I am told that weeding in the rain just helps them to spread, so no weeding this weekend.    Everything is growing pretty nicely now though.

Me and My Girl popped to the Lottie today - we dodged the showers and managed an hour before the heavens opened once again.    Today we sowed some more seeds - turnips, perpetual spinach and 2 different lettuce  another packet of wildflower seeds were sown too.

I managed to take a couple of very quick pictures - it was in the rain though, so they are not great - but hopefully you can see how the veggies are coming along;-

Sweetcorn - not looking so pathetic now

Runner beans - nicely climbing their poles


Courgette - starting to flower but only Male flowers at the mo!


Cabbages really starting to look like cabbages!
Yesterday My Girl was very excited, she had her freebie tickets for Harry Potter and was buzzing all day - there was a Harry Potter fair in our local town, so we went for a little visit,  My Girl had her photo taken with the man himself - at least she was trying to convince us it was the man himself!


Oh I nearly forgot - Just 5 more sleeps now!  I hope my foot is better,  my turn for an injury - I dropped my very heavy 24 year old sewing machine on it this morning!  Ouch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x