Sunday 10 July 2011

Done

What's done you might wonder?!   Well the biggest bed we have created so far is DONE!!  Woo hoo!!


The huge new bed - done!
It's taken me and My Girl 2 whole days to mark out the bed, remove the grass, dig over the bed, dump the removed grass, straighten up the bed edges, fork over the bed and finally we reached the planting stage.  Planted today;-

24 late  chitted Potatoes
6 Cauliflower plants
6 Brussel Sprout plants


The potatoes are planted!

What a relief to have them in the ground... Mr Milly was around today to make tea and supervise - he supervised the digging of the potato trenches and then between the 3 of us we managed to erect the protection frame for the new brassicas and peg out the net.  Mr Milly kept me sane whilst unravelling all the netting - but we got there in the end!

All in all a very satisfying end to a hard weekend,  me and My Girl are aching in places we didn't know you could ache in,  and the blisters on my hands from the digging and using the Azada are HUGE!



No 95 is really looking like a proper allotment now
 
To top our busy and productive weekend, we have had a good Freecyling weekend too,  I found a 'Dalek' compost bin and  a hoselock hose and reel . I missed out on some Jam jars which is a disappointing but My Girl has acquired a petrol scooter!  The Portuguese Housekeeper picked it up today, we laughed at her as she said on the phone it was missing its seat - we thought that was funny as it is a scooter.   We have collected the 2 of them tonight, the Portuguese Lovely and the scooter and its a funny thing that should have a seat to sit on!  I think it might also need somewhere to put your feet!

The lady it came from has had it for a couple of years, but never used it,  and didn't even know if it would work.  The Girls tell me its going to be their little project to do it up and get it going - I think that is going to be a bit of fun for a while for My Girl, the Portuguese Housekeeper  and Mr Milly!

They have been tinkering with the scooter for all of 10 mins and its working!!  Black smoke all around the garden,  but it is working LOL!!  2 very excited girls in the house now - I think I going to lock up my bike as it is being eyed for spares!!



Petrol scooter for a bit of inspiration.....





No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x