Monday 11 July 2011

Punctures

Its not Mr Milly this time, but My Girl with a puncture - the scooter was fired up last night and taken for a spin in the local fields,  10 minutes into the ride and My Girl rode over some wire and ripped the inner tube - the Portuguese Housekeeper was not happy as she didn't even get to try it!

Today My Girl, Mr Milly and the Portuguese Housekeeper have spent the day tinkering with the new toy - its been stripped, cleaned, the puncture has been repaired about 10 times,  foot board has been cut,  and sanded (I did a great job with the sander!) and loving painted by My Girl.  Varnish has been found and brake cables are currently been attached and fixed.  My Girl now has her fingers crossed that a bike will come up on Freecycle as they now need a saddle (my bike is currently missing a saddle - I'm promised they are just borrowing it!).  Although they are a little fed up now as they have to order a inner tube - they have had fun for the day and with the cost of the brake cables the little project has cost the grand total of £2.99!!
Footboard loving painted by My Girl - can you see the glitter??


Scooter in mid repair

We managed to find an hour to pop to the Lottie,  a quick watering of  the veggies,  removed some weeds and sowed line of swedes and purple haze carrots -  we picked a jug full of ripe blackberries from around the Lottie - these have now been stewed and are running through a jelly bag.  I haven't made jam before - fingers crossed it turns out OK!!


Jam in the making with a bit of luck!
It looks a bit peculiar in this pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy reading my blog. It would be great if you would leave me a comment from time to time. Blogger doesn't always tell me who you are, It would be lovely if you put your name on your comment!
Thanks Alison x